Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"The Nerve"


I can't believe the nerve on this guy. Here I am interested in paying him money to record me and he has the audacity to put in an email to me "Here is what I ask you to bring on the day of recording: a good vibe, consistency, and sing in tune with the guitar."

Are you kidding me?

What am I paying you for?

Sing in tune with my guitar? Does he know who he's talking to? I'm Groundswell. I'm kinda a big fucking deal in some places. Namely, in my head. But seriously? Do you think Spears is asked to sing in tune? Do you think they ask Madonna to sing in tune? Paris Hilton doesn't even know singing in tune is an option.

Who the fuck is this guy?

I've been singing out of tune with my guitar for longer than he's been recording music.

I've forgotten more out of tune songs than he's ever heard.

The fucking nerve.

Some people have zero fucking tact when writing.

Luckily, in person, he's the man, and I'm convinced he's the man to record my demo. He digs the songs I've been writing, and even compared me, Groundswell, to the White Stripes - how everyone of their songs has a different vibe.

Egoboosters on now!

So, on this Friday, April 2, 2010 - Good Friday, the day marking the day they crucified Jesus - I will be crucifying my demons with six strings, a beautiful guitar and a handful of songs I've written in the past year.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment